Starting An Online Business?
Are you starting an online business? And do you want to use guest blogging to promote your buisness?
Here’s what not to do…
I’ve got to say I laughed and laughed when I got this, and then threw up my hands in despair.
This is an actual comment (not approved).
“Hi dude, can i post articles to your website ? Let me know if you are interested ”
Yup, that’s it. Hummmm…
1. Clearly hasn’t even read this blog because I think the photo at the end of each post speaks for itself…clearly not a dude.
2. Don’t approach me via comments. Send me an email or use the contact form I’ve made available for your use. This is right up there with the folks who want to get me onto page one when I’m already there.
3. It might me nice to tell me what you have to offer to my readers. From the link it looks like a soccer site though it’s kind of hard to tell…it’s in Russian (that’s my guess anyway).
4. It might be nice to give me your name or am I supposed to address you as Crazy Russian Dude?
Seriously folks, if you want to be a guest blogger, this is how to do it.
1. Introduce yourself casually by adding relevant comments (that’s plural comments not just a single hit and run) that contribute to the conversation. Trust me you’ll stand out.
2. Then send me an email that includes who you are, what you want to write about, and why it would be useful to my readers. The content on this blog is for my readers and I don’t want to be wasting their time. What have you got for them?
3. Use real names…yours and mine. Let’s not waste all that time our parents spent going through baby names by not using them.
4. And of course, the link to your site which hopefully is in English. That’s the language I write in and most of my readers read in. Use it and use it well if you want to be a guest blogger here.
Got it? Good.